It's time to come up with official example sets?

nextglory

23 Sep, 2013 02:10 AM

I've been waiting for robotlegs 2 examples for long, I've excited to see many people discuss the advanced features brought by v2 here and there, but except for few examples scattered on the web, v2 examples by author of RL are so few for newbies to start with.

I've been using v1 for two years, compare with PureMVC, it has many shining points like simplicity, robustness etc. Since it is said that V2 has big change compare with V1, so I've waiting official V2 example, especially those can illustrate the key features of v2, like signals etc.

Can my dear Robotlegs Team come up with a set of examples ASAP, please, please.

Thanks
Andy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 23 Sep, 2013 02:14 PM

Hi Andy,

You're right, there are only a few rl2 examples.

Not sure if you've seen Paul's examples that I've modified to work with the latest rl2. It could be that Paul has already merged my changes into his repository.
    Links are listed here:
    http://knowledge.robotlegs.org/discussions/problems/3745-baby-steps...
    I think, those are a good starting point for beginners and I recommend taking a look at them.

There are other examples too, but I'm afraid that they haven't been updated to work with the latest version of rl2. Anyway, you can at least take a look at them for inspiration:
    http://knowledge.robotlegs.org/discussions/examples/20-links-to-rob...

Can my dear Robotlegs Team come up with a set of examples ASAP, please, please.

That should be a community effort.
    I would like to write more examples, but I have my own projects to take care of, and the only spare time I have left is dedicated to answering question on this forums. I guess that's Shaun's and creynders' excuse as well;)

Don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum, if you get stuck :)

Cheers,
    Ondina

2. 2 Posted by nextglory on 24 Sep, 2013 01:47 AM

Hi,Ondina,

I understand totally, our life's time is so limited and we have many stuff to take care, breads, girls, neighbors.. :)

Take care and continue come up with great stuff.
    Hope to come up with a few flex examples of the final v2 if you got time.

regards
    Andy

3. nextglory closed this discussion on 24 Sep, 2013 02:37 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac