but I am trying to understand whats going on under the hood. I
mean, what I am understanding is correct or I am going wrong
Why the constructor is not taking up values in case of a Flex
Application and why its taking for Flash App! Or its the way and I
have to go by that.
'HelloRobotLegsAirContext' declaration must be contained within
the tag, since it is not assignable to the default property's type
'Array' or element type 'mx.core.IVisualElement'.
HelloRobotLegsAIR.mxml /HelloRobotLegsAIR/src line 10 Flex
ya tom,thanks. exactly that does the trick.
But now I am stuck again in the next step.
In my contaxt I have put something like this
//Adding the view to stage this.contextView.addChild(new
Now it throws error at run time(which is a valid error )
Error: addChild() is not available in this class. Instead, use
addElement() or modify the skin, if you have one.
Probably I am following along with actionscript project to here,
so the confusion. But then how to go about it.
Well,I am somewhat ok with the typecasting and adding it to the
stage. For I have tested it with the mediator and a simple
Just wondering, what is the recommended way to add a view and
remove a view from the stage in a Flex4 application.
I must say, the community here is very active and supportive.
Good work people, thanks a lot.
do you really need to add and remove visual children? in many
cases it works sufficiently well to toggle their visibility instead
of removing them.
if you need to i'd recommend handling children by a mediator. i.e.
declare a container in the mediated view to add and remove them
there. of course, you can just use the context view.
I am going ahead with my first application with toggling views.
The question actually, when some part of my application(say a
module) is over and I want to remove it completely,I do not need
that anymore. How that is done ? (Do I need to remove it from the
context view? and what about its mediator,I must get that out
Yes... in a nut shell I'm still using the old fork in production on a major app - and it works great.
I'm not 100% sure that the refactor to Joel's fork would be pain-free... in fact I think it would break a lot of my existing approach, so I'm waiting until I've got time on my hands to implement Joel's revision, see how much stuff breaks and what fixes are required and then merge.
Small examples are useful, but I had to make some changes between the version of modular that worked for my original small example and the version that works for a full on modular application, so I'm hanging back until I've actually put the new 1.1 version through its paces.
I'll add a note to the ReadMe to help people pick the right fork.