Migrate existing codebase from Cairngorm to RobotLegs

seantheflashguy

29 Sep, 2011 01:28 PM

Hi Guys,

So I was wondering if anyone has taken an existing application and migrated it from Cairngorm to RobotLegs without completely re-writing the application from ground zero. I worked on a project in the past where we did this but with Parsley. It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world and it's been a while. Just wondering if you might have any tips, gotchas, advice etc. Also if there are any potential conflicts with having the CG swcs in the project along with the RL (and SS) swcs.

Any info, direction, etc. is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Sean

1. 1 Posted by edeventner on 03 Oct, 2011 08:18 AM

wow! Sean is here! My idol!
    Sorry if this is off-topic but I just appreciate you so much! You are my mentor (though I'm just the one who knows about it) in this flex/flash programming world.

2. 2 Posted by seantheflashguy on 03 Oct, 2011 08:28 AM

Hey edeventner! Thanks for the kind words! That means a lot :) Glad I've hopefully provided help and/or inspiration for you. Thanks again. Take care.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 01 Nov, 2011 05:36 PM

Hey Sean,
    Have you found the answer you were looking for?
    Ondina

4. 4 Posted by seantheflashguy on 01 Nov, 2011 05:41 PM

Hi Ondina,

Well, not really. I got some advice from some people and am working to find some solutions. Nothing concrete yet though.

Thanks for following up.

Sean

5. 5 Posted by Nicolas Bousque... on 21 Dec, 2011 10:42 AM

I worked with a team which was porting, at the time, a big CG2 project to CG3. Changes were drastic as you would know, but I left the company before knowing how the refactoring ended. If you wish, Sean, I'd be happy to ring one of my former teammate for a postmortem.

6. Ondina D.F. closed this discussion on 08 Mar, 2012 09:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac