Promise PENDING status & Progress in AMF Services

mbarjawi

23 Jun, 2012 07:00 AM

Hello,

I looked quickly in this knowledge base for answers to my questions but I couldn't find. So hopefully I am not repeating questions that were already answered.

I am new to the Robotlegs world and I am starting to get the grip of things around here. Lately I was trying to get the services working, when I came across the Promise. Examining the Promise, I cannot see any statement that sets the status of the Promise to "PENDING".

I would think that this should be done inside the handleProgress function, but not really 100% sure.

I have another quick questions... how can we detect the progress of an AMF service call? I ended up just deleting the "progress" code from my custom Promise class, but if I can find a way to detect it I think it would be very useful.

Thanks,

1. 1 Posted by mbarjawi on 23 Jun, 2012 11:59 PM

What is this? is this spam coming from knowledge.robotlegs.com??!!

I got the following message into my email:

"From: larsongenadiy
    Subject: Promise PENDING status & Progress in AMF Services

Generic Priligy (Dapoxetine)

Result Report
    Worn out take on
    Dapoxetine is associated with a category of exacting this reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This discrete to short-acting inhibitor is utilized to divest oneself of b satirize safe keeping of alacritous ejaculation that phiz men."

Its a long message so I don't want to put it all over here. If you want it, let me know and I can post the rest of it."

The question: what is this ?? Spam?!!

Finally, wow... I thought my question was simple... no replies so far... I guess everybody is busy.

Thanks,

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 24 Jun, 2012 03:46 PM

Hello,

The question: what is this ?? Spam?!!

Yes, it was spam, but the spam isn’t coming from our knowledge base.
    Rather vice versa: the forum has being misused by spammers.
    There is a spam filter, which is not always working as expected, and when that happens, we have to remove the spam-mails manually, which I did yesterday with one of 2 spam-responses to your post.

I have no idea about the logic behind spamming, but I’ve heard from spam bots hacking gmail accounts and using them to spam forums. Hopefully your account is o.k.!

Finally, wow... I thought my question was simple... no replies so far... I guess everybody is busy.

Yeah, on weekends people are usually busy… enjoying the weekend ;)
    Joking aside, not many people use Promises, that’s probably why no one has answered until now.

I’ll notify Shaun Smith about your post. Since Promises are his creation, he can give you the most competent answer :)

Sorry for not being able to help you any further.

Cheers,
    Ondina

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Shaun Smith on 24 Jun, 2012 07:43 PM

Hello,

I was away this weekend with no internet access. Unfortunately that Promise implementation does not have a PENDING state - I've been meaning to rewrite that code for ages, but just haven't had the time for it. It's not a very good implementation as I wrote it without doing much research. A little while later I came across this: http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Promises

Perhaps this library will work better for you: https://github.com/jonnyreeves/as3-async

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Shaun Smith on 25 Jun, 2012 04:05 PM

ok, so I wrote my reply without actually looking at any code :/

pending is actually just the default state:

https://github.com/darscan/robotlegs-extensions-Oil/blob/master/src...

5. 5 Posted by mbarjawi on 25 Jun, 2012 04:23 PM

Thank you for your replies.

I am not sure about spam as well... and I hope its not my account that caused the spam. This is the first time I see spam like this... usually I would just get a spam email to my email account... but to get it as a reply to one of my posts.. that was strange.

The as3-async library looks really interesting and useful. I wounder why

not many people use promises??!

Is it really the case? I thought they were very useful! Why people are not using them though? is there an alternative that I should be considering?

Ohh!! I really missed that default state.. sorry for that. I should have examined the code better before posting. Thank you Shaun for finding that out.

Thanks,

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 25 Jun, 2012 05:04 PM

I am not sure about spam as well... and I hope its not my account that caused the spam. This is the first time I see spam like this... usually I would just get a spam email to my email account... but to get it as a reply to one of my posts.. that was strange.

As I said, I have no idea how it happens, but it is as annoying for us as it is for you, and we can’t do much about it, except from marking such posts as spam and deleting them from the forum as soon as we notice them. It also happens, from time to time, that normal posts are “false positive”, marked as spam by Tender’s spam filter…also, a very unpleasant situation for everyone.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, it’s all I can say :)

I wounder why not many people use promises??! Is it really the case? I thought they were very useful!

Maybe I wrongly assumed that not many people use promises. They are indeed very useful and easy to use, that’s probably why not many users ask questions about promises on the forum. I haven’t used them because the projects I’ve been working on for the last year didn’t require such a feature.

Enjoy Promises and Robotlegs:)

7. 7 Posted by mbarjawi on 26 Jun, 2012 04:49 PM

Thank you all for your efforts to keep this forum spam-free, and thanks for all the replies and answers to my question. My question is answered.

8. mbarjawi closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2012 04:49 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac