Having a Context in a Flex Library and a Main Application context

alexander.david.r

09 Aug, 2012 11:53 PM

Greetings,

I am wondering if it is possible to create a Context in a Flex library and have that work along side the a parent applications context in the same project. Currently I have a library project that, upon adding its main MXML component to the view, creates and starts up its own context with the parent application as the context view (can change this around). I am creating along side of this in the main application a context that will add override classes to the RL framework before the libraries context fires off. My intent is for the main applications context to register any class overrides through the injector before the libraries does and thus it can perform any actions that it needs to without having to override all the classes in the library. Is this possible with RL 1.5.2? Both of the contexts use parentApplication as the context view for now and they just extend the RL Context class for now. The idea for this library is to be something that can be dropped in and run with instead of a module that has to be loaded through URLs.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

• David
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 10 Aug, 2012 05:30 PM

Hi David

I’m about to leave for the weekend, so, I hope Stray or Shaun will answer your question. (I’ve notified them)

2. 2 Posted by Stray on 10 Aug, 2012 06:39 PM

Hi David, multiple contexts is 'modular' even if you're not loading it as separately compiled swfs.

So - you'll need the modular utilities - does that help at all?

Stray

3. Ondina D.F. closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2012 02:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac